Friday, February 20, 2009

Teach your children well

My 26-year-old son stopped by the other day to give me a hug, tell me he loves me, and to use my washer and dryer. At least I taught him how to do his own laundry many years ago …

MOM!
Look at the bedroom clock
I can’t find a matching sock;
I’ll really be late for school
And going barefoot isn’t cool.

MOM!
Is this sock yours or mine?
It’s the only one I could find.
The dryer is hungry today,
Eating everything in its way.

MOM!
I’ve searched all over the floor
And I can’t push open the door.
Laundry baskets are everywhere,
At least I have clean underwear.

MOM!
My school picture is today
And I can’t wear yucky gray;
This outfit will never match,
Please wash another batch.

MOM!
I found this under my bed,
It used to be bright red.
Now my best white shirt is pink
And my jeans are starting to shrink.

MOM!
What do you mean I have to sort?
That’s harder than a school report.
Do I use hot, warm or cold,
I have to know before I’m old.

MOM!
How much soap does it take?
As much flour as to bake?
Will five cups be enough
To clean all this dirty stuff?

MOM!
Why must I do as I’m told?
All these clothes I have to fold?
Let me hide them in the drawer
And we won’t worry anymore.

MOM!
Hangers are so much fun
You have to have more than one
To twist and turn all around,
Look at all these great toys I found!

MOM!
When I’m grown up, big and tall,
Don’t be surprised if I should call,
Asking what to do with my clothes
Because only a mother knows.

No comments: