Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meanest mom in the world #1

As I mentioned the other day, my baby is 26, my only child, the source of the lovely shades of silver in my hair …

He and I are good friends, in addition to that mom-son stuff. However, I did test those boundaries more than a decade ago when I worked very hard to find ways to remind him I was his mom first, then a friend. In his frustration, I went ahead and composed something for him to sign … another example of just how wonderful a mom I was, I am, I will always be.

Proclamation

I, Gordo, hereby proclaim I have the meanest mother in the world. Here are the reasons for this proclamation:

1. She forces me to eat half-way healthy foods. (It’s part of a genetic defect in the motherly species.)

2. She makes me do my homework. (It precedes the lecture on “work hard and you’ll get far in this world.”)

3. She makes me do extra math. (It precedes the lecture on “have a little self-discipline and you’ll get far in this world.”)

4. She makes me take a shower and change clothes almost every day. (She can only hold her nose for so long.)

See the rest of the reasons tomorrow …

No comments: