Saturday, May 9, 2009

Monica's book tour #8 part 3

Also from Wednesday …

That morning, Roger and I decided to head to Myrtle Beach, S.C., to stay that night. Why? Well, of course, it's a beautiful place. I had been there in November 2006. Roger had never been there, but he wanted to go because of what happened to me that weekend two and a half years ago.

Stay tuned for more on that …

After the stop at the community center, we drove through South Carolina, where we detoured to an Alzheimer's Association office. There I met an angel with whom I clicked immediately. She understood what I’m trying to accomplish with my book and the very personal approach I take with my writing. She was an ordinary person, and I just loved her!

Sometimes that’s really refreshing when some people put on airs that they know more than you do and want you to be sure that you understand that. Ordinary people. What a gift they are to the world!

And I will have much more to share about that meeting later this summer :-)

Welcome to Myrtle Beach … there were more than enough signs extending that greeting as we entered this coastal city. I was at the wheel and many emotional waves splashed me with feelings of comfort, security and deep spirituality. This was the place where my life had been transformed two and a half years earlier when I met someone here …

No, I didn't have an affair!

Sorry, got to run and will finish later!

No comments: