Monday, May 4, 2009

Monica's book tour #5

Airplane camp was over. It was time to pick up my boy, uh, my hubby Roger.

And I realized that I kinda missed him as his mouth started flying faster than his fleet of planes to tell me every detail of his adventures … who he met, what he did, when he flew, what he ate, and even how he paid $5 for a shower on Saturday. I particularly appreciated the latter because we did have more than an hour in the van on the way back to the hotel.

Yes, I missed him because I better understood how incomplete and empty I am without him.

I've seen so many couples drift apart through the years of marriage, and I marvel at and appreciate how Roger and I have grown closer as we near our 30th wedding anniversary this summer and the 35th anniversary of our first date.

That's something I celebrate deep within me more and more as I meet many couples whose lives together have been challenged and threatened by Alzheimer's, brain injuries, strokes, brain tumors-brain cancer, and other catastrophic diseases and events.

I'm one lucky girl.

And so very, very grateful for so many things … especially that $5 shower he took or I would have tied him to the top of the van.

Ain't love grand?

No comments: