Friday, March 27, 2009

National "Joe" Day

What an interesting concept: everybody can call themselves "Joe" today. I'm not sure who decreed this observation, but I kinda like it.

Actually I don't know all that many Joe's, though there is one who has a special place in my heart and is certainly no "average" Joe. Unfortunately, I've only known him a few years and didn't get to know him better before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Oh, but the stories I've heard about him before that have entertained me for many, many hours.

Even if it's not MY Joe, everybody should know a Joe who makes them laugh, who does funny impersonations.

Or today, be that Joe yourself because a lot of the folks who surround us need that spark of humor today more than ever.

And it's perfectly legal because it's a holiday!

No comments: