Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who do we believe anymore?

Or is it supposed to be "whom"? Oh, heck, who or whom cares. It's 4 a.m. and I refuse to follow all the grammar rules at this time of the morning when I'm just now climbing into bed …

But not before I try to keep my head from shaking on the pillow to the news that gets crazier and crazier. So, it's unAmerican to speak up at these town hall meetings against the policies being forced down our throats? Well, Mr./Ms. Federal Government, people are angry, we are very angry.

We're tired of flying coach whenever you choose to ride first class on our dimes and dollars.

We're tired of hearing how nobody in the government really knows where all the billions of dollars in stimulus money went.

We're tired of raiding our couches in search of loose change while corrupt politicians and government employees rob us blind.

We're tired of trying to find a way to care for loved ones when the respite programs we so desperately need are being cut back.

We're tired of being told that government knows best when it really doesn't.

We're tired of your lack of accountability when you then hold us accountable for your costly mistakes.

We're tired of not being heard, so that's why some of us are shouting at the town hall meetings.

No, I don't condone the shouting. I do condone listening and common sense. I do advocate doing what's right and not what will get you re-elected.

Who do we believe anymore? The list gets shorter every day.

When government respects us, we may start respecting it again …

I'll sleep on that one.

No comments: