Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Back on the blog trail again

I took a detour from this blog for the last year and a half. My internal GPS decided to go on a merry-go-round ride rather than hit the real road.

Well, I'm back and eager to blog again about the subjects closest to my heart, brain-related injuries, illnesses and diseases that take a huge emotional toll on individuals and families. My life focus wasn't distracted; just my mind and fingers were for a while.

I can't believe it's been a year and a half since my father-in-law, Pepaw, died from what we thought was Alzheimer's. We learned something different, that I'll explain more about later.

I've become more immersed in working with stroke survivors and caregivers at more than 40 Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camps www.strokecamp.org all over the United States.

I've now committed myself to learning more and educating the world about the unique challenges of traumatic brain injuries (TBI).

I've fallen in love with photography as much as I adore words. I'll be sharing some of the images that have not only captivated me but transformed me at the same time. I better understand that sometimes it's best to just observe with open eyes, ears and hearts to better comprehend and help heal the "human condition."

So, keep in touch. I'm glad to be back on the blog trail again …


No comments: